What Has Your Dog Eaten?
by Lisa Lanser-Rose
Bar soap, a pump bottle of hand cream, a box of crayons, an entire can of Crisco shortening, a pumpkin (everything but the stem), a slice of pizza straight out of a stranger’s hand–all things my Pip-Thief stole and ate.
All of my dogs, from my childhood dog Patches to my present-day Mick, stole and ate food–or things I never considered food. Whatever the case, stories of the time the dog ate something forbidden, or something dangerous, or something expensive, or something impossible, or something hilarious, all become highlights in the narrative of life with our dogs. Tell us your tales! Just click on “Leave a Comment” below.
To get you started, let me ask:
- What’s your favorite “I Can’t Believe My Dog Ate It” story?
- Did your dog know it was wrong to eat something she ate?
- Did you and your dog ever disagree about what was “edible?”
- Did your dog wait until you weren’t looking?
- Were you ever afraid your dog ate something deadly?
- Did your dog ever steal a holiday meal?
And if you like stories about dogs eating what they shouldn’t, please click “like” and follow us here, and like and follow us on Facebook.